Shaping me into who I am today…..
Reading is fundamental and the more you read the more knowledgeable you are. Knowledge is POWER, reading improves your vocabulary, intellect and you get endless life’s lessons. “Reading has been shown to put our brains into a pleasurable trance-like state, similar to meditation, and it brings the same health benefits of deep relaxation and inner calm,” according to the New Yorker.
Reading reduces stress, improves your mental health, communication skills, memory and focus. As young child I was not attached to books, books were attached to me. I couldn’t help myself the only time I got into trouble was coming home late on a school night, staying late at the community library. I lost track of time, the Librarian would save all the new books for me to read. I was whisk away in another world fully present and too engaged, the old days that shape my intellect.
Fast forward to adulthood, I realized I was more drawn to motivational and self help books. I am all about bettering and challenging myself. Setting my sight on growth and self-development was the way to gooooooooooo!
MY TOP 5 GO TO BOOKS
1. As a Man Thinketh — James Allen — I read this book like a million times, this book emphasized the power of thoughts and the effect they have on your well being.
2. Think and Grow Rich — Napoleon Hill –One of the best book written on the power of the mind, whatever life’s lesson you need whether it be money management, the power to acquire good fortune, life’s decision making and knowing that your thoughts are attached to your desires.
3. A New Earth Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose — Eckhart Tolle — As the title suggested, is being aware and awaken of yourself and the power within to accept everything without fear and anxiety.
4. You Were Born Rich — Bob Proctor — How to maintain relationship with money through mental visualization and achieving success in your life without fear.
5. Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self — Sarah Ban Breathnach — This book teach me how to love, honour and respect myself. Knowing who you are as a person and what motivates you.
These books will make you go above and beyond to fulfil whatever dreams, goals and purposes you have in life. Especially if you are at a crossword making valuable life’s decision. My takeaway might be different from yours however the end result will be positive self improvement.